How to Boost Your Fuel Efficiency
If you want to squeeze out the most mileage out of every drop of fuel in your tank, then learning how to boost your fuel efficiency is the first step. You might be surprised by how much you can improve your Mazda gas mileage with small changes to your driving habits. Learn our top tips and tricks from Ingram Park Mazda in San Antonio, serving the Austin and New Braunfels areas.
The key to maximizing fuel economy lies in your own hands! Try a few of these efficiency-boosting habits the next time you get behind the wheel:
- Drive with caution! That means avoiding slamming on the brakes and hitting the gas. Aggressive driving makes your engine work much harder, which tanks your fuel economy.
- Keep your cabin light. The more that your car needs to pull, the more fuel it burns. Keep your cabin clean and avoid storing unnecessary items in the trunk if possible.
- Check your air pressure regularly. When tires are properly inflated, they grip the road with ease. Lower pressure increases the rolling resistance, which means poor fuel economy.
A well-maintained vehicle will always get higher fuel economy figures than a neglected model, so it pays to stay on top of your scheduled maintenance appointments. Here are a few areas to check:
- Your air filter can have a stunning effect on your fuel efficiency. One study found that a new air filter improved fuel economy by 15 percent!
- Choosing the right type of fuel can also improve performance. Most cars just need unleaded fuel to do their best, but performance cars really needed premium to get the best efficiency possible.
- Before you choose a new set of wheels, compare the different weights of your options. Lighter tires, like alloy wheels, tend to get better fuel economy figures than heftier options.
Find Out More at Ingram Park Mazda!
While it’s easy to improve your fuel efficiency, starting with a fantastic vehicle can give you a great head start! Browse through our new vehicle inventory to see the fuel-efficient models within the Mazda lineup, and contact us to set up your test drive.